Asthma and Asthma Attack Treatment at UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Cutler Bay
Patients who are in need of asthma treatment – be it recommendations for long-term management or immediate intervention for a non-life-threatening asthma attack – can turn to the experienced, board-certified physicians at UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Cutler Bay. We provide comprehensive, personalized asthma care, working to not only treat unexpected asthmatic episodes, but also to prevent them from occurring in the first place.
In most cases, there are several components to successful asthma treatment. Patients can consult with the UHealth – the University of Miami Health System physicians at UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Cutler Bay to obtain:
· Fast-acting rescue medications administered in-office, including corticosteroids or epinephrine injections
· Fast-acting medications to be administered at home, such as a rescue inhaler, in case of a future allergic reaction
· Long-term control medications, including inhaled corticosteroids and monthly injections
· Interventional oxygen supplementation
· Follow-up monitoring and lifestyle recommendations
At UHealth Jackson Urgent Care, there is always a physician on site to diagnose and treat both adults and children. Additionally, we use a unique triage system that allows us to care for patients with the most critical needs – for instance, those who are in the middle of an asthma attack – with the shortest wait. All of our urgent care centers are located in easily accessible shopping plazas and town centers with abundant parking available on site.
If you’re having trouble walking or talking, feel confused or disoriented, have swelling in your throat or have peak flow readings for less than 50 percent of your typical “best”, you should head directly to the emergency room. However, for non-emergent asthma attack treatment, simply stop by UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Cutler Bay and we’ll see you as soon as possible.