Short-Term and Long-Term Asthma Treatment at UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Keystone Point
Asthma treatment often involves two components: preventive care to reduce inflammation and make it easier to breathe, as well as interventional care to treat acute attacks when they occur. At UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Keystone Point, we take a comprehensive approach to treatment, offering short-term asthma attack treatment for non-life-threatening episodes.
- Our board-certified, UHealth – the University of Miami Health System physicians can help adults and children:
- Identify their triggers and find ways to minimize or prevent symptoms
- Prevent serious asthma attacks to the fullest extent possible
- Prepare for unexpected incidents with emergency medications and inhalers
- Create strategies for reducing long-term reliance on prescriptions
- Remain physically active when symptoms make exercise more challenging
Our team can also provide quick-relief assistance for patients who are experiencing non-emergent episodes of coughing, wheezing, and difficulty breathing. Unlike other urgent care centers, we always have a physician on site, allowing patients to confidently turn to us for asthma attack treatment. Additionally, it costs less to consult with a physician at UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Keystone Point than it costs to go to the emergency room; this is just one more reason that patients choose us for their asthma care.
If you require emergency treatment for a life-threatening asthma attack, please head directly to your nearest ER. However, if urgent care is appropriate for your needs, you can head to UHealth Jackson Urgent Care – Keystone Point with or without an appointment.